This Page

has been moved to new address

Housewives taking over the world!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Reel Mama: Housewives taking over the world!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Housewives taking over the world!


Apparently I pose a security threat to Facebook.  I was shut out of my account for days 2 weeks ago.  They told me that my computer had a virus, and that I wouldn’t be able to use my account until further notice.  I took the computer to the Apple store to see a Mac Genius (yes, GENIUS!) who informed me that there was absolutely nothing wrong with my computer.  I was puzzled, but decided to let it go.  More or less.  
Until Friday: I created a new Facebook page for this blog, and was informed that the page had already been flagged as spam.  They gave me the option to report it/defend myself if I felt it was in error, which of course I did.  But how could my page already be flagged as spam?
I realize I’m probably playing with fire by even writing this blog.  Nobody wants to get Big Brother P.O.’d, after all.  (And I mean “Big Brother” in the kindest possible way, as in, “the all-knowing, all-seeing older sibling” way.) I am just gently suggesting that Facebook take a second look at their “spam” producers.  Grannies who knit, porcelain nick nack collectors, and nuns are probably among them, along with countless others who don’t deserve to be on that list.  As a lifetime Girl Scout member, animal shelter volunteer, and now stay-at-home mom, how exactly do I pose a threat? I just feel I deserve some kind of explanation.
I think they’re afraid that housewives are taking over the world.  And they’re right, we are.  We have our own reality shows, after all, and our cat fights and plastic surgery debacles are reaching global proportions (last I heard, “Real Housewives” has been syndicated worldwide).  Former stay-at-home moms have been elected to Congress and have come close to the White House.  Breast-feeding moms have been staging sit-ins at Target with their eye on taking over corporate America.
Taking over the world is great, and it is near the top of my to-do list, but I think what’s more important is making the world a better place.  There is more strength, and it makes a more powerful statement, to make a positive impact on our world.  I give Facebook credit for making it easier for us to do just that, for instance, by providing a new platform to connect with charitable organizations we care about, to renew and strengthen friendships, and to help people realize their dreams by enabling them to spread the word about their endeavors.
I like to make a difference in small ways, like learning the postman’s name and saying hi to him every day.  Smiling at people.  Keeping my cool with the lady with the “practice random acts of kindness” bumper sticker talking on her cell phone who ran me off the road last weeks.  Donating a little time or money to a cause I care about.
I’m not a spammer, but I do love to shake things up.  Maybe I will take over the world...someday.  Today snack mom; tomorrow, the White House!

3 Comments:

At January 19, 2012 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Some of my blogger friends were also marked as spam by FB. Not so sure why but I think they contacted FB about it. Weird. I wonder what makes them think a page is spam.. Anyway, thanks for the alexa review! Leaving a review for you as well but I can't seem to find your alexa link.

Alice
BayAreaMommy.com

 
At January 19, 2012 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nevermind I got it! LOL

 
At January 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Rachel Rowell said...

I know some pages will be marked as spam if you post a url/fb page too many times in any given time or, I'm told, if you like too many pages too quickly. I think they have recently made some changes that people are still trying to figure out! Got the review done for you :)

Rachel (mybabysleepguide)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home